- Knowledgeable and helpful volunteers to assist with questions and concerns.
- Vibrant, on-time and efficient operations of all Balavihar and Adult Study Group classes incorporating Vedanta-based instruction.
- Dissemination of pertinent information about programs via email, web posting (chinmaya-sacramento.org), and announcements in a timely and efficient manner.
- On-site availability of essential books and related items.
- Celebration of selected traditional Hindu Festivals and other events.
- We may record Balavihar activities using various formats (e.g., still/video camera, etc.) for the purpose of archiving its programs.
Guidelines for Children
- Please be seated for assembly 5 minutes before 10:00. Transitions between classrooms should be completed in a prompt, punctual manner.
- Please attend class regularly to ensure continuity and ease in learning. If you are absent from the class, notify your teacher.
- Please participate actively and attentively in class, as well as during scheduled events and programs.
- Please bring the Stotrams and Prayers book (received at registration), binder, paper, and writing utensils to every class. In addition, each teacher may specify a few additional stationary items depending on the grade level.
- Please treat school property with care and keep it clean. Gum chewing, drinks, or food are not allowed in the classrooms. At the end of class, please help your teacher to leave the room exactly as it was found at the start of class.
- All Balavihar children are to wear comfortable, modest, and loose clothing. Torn or ripped jeans, tank tops etc. are not appropriate.
Guidelines for Parents
- Please register your children within two weeks of joining our Bala Vihar. Each child must be registered in order to attend the Bala Vihar program.
- Please come to the mandatory Back-to-BalaVihar Meet-and-Greet Hour at the beginning of each Bala Vihar year.
- Please come with your children regularly and on time for all Bala Vihar classes and programs. Be seated for assembly 5 minutes before 10:00. Transitions between classrooms should be completed in a prompt, punctual manner.
- Please notify your class teacher if your child is absent from class.
- Please make sure children come prepared with their BalaVihar Stotrams and Prayers book, any other books in their syllabus, pencil, and crayons (for younger children) or colored pens.